2, FOREVER FREEDOM (196) - An orange flavoured nutritional drink specially formulated by Forever Living Products for aiding in the maintenance of proper joint function. Forever Freedom helps the body, therefore, not only do you receive relief from aching joints but it also promotes healthy cells, skin, nails and hair.
3, MSM GEL (205) MSM is a naturally occurring source of organic sulphur, a key component of connective tissues and joints. It is found in every cell in the body and as well as having an anti-inflammatory and pain-killing action, it assists in cartilage repair. The main ingredient of Aloe MSM Gel is stabilised Aloe Vera Gel together with MSM and other herbal extracts; it is presented as a clear, non staining, non fragrant gel, which can be applied liberally to the skin overlying the painful joint or muscle and massaged in. The lignin, a component of the stabilised gel, gives this product it's deep penetration, taking the MSM into the affected tissues; so definitely reaching the parts!
4, ALOE GELLY (061) – Forever Living Gelly has the same benefits as "live aloe" to treat a wide range of skin problems. Aloe is a natural anti-inflammatory, which means that it is useful wherever there is swelling, redness and pain. The Gelly is particularly effective on injuries to skin, muscle, tendons and joints and is ideal for burns, acne, eczema and psoriasis. It is so pure it can even be used in the mouth on ulcers, bleeding, etc.
As featured in the 'Mail, You magazine' 12/08/07 as "excellent for hydrating and preventing peeling after spending a little too long in the sun."
5, ALOE PROPOLIS CREAM (051) – Aloe Vera is an excellent skin moisturiser, which makes it very beneficial for dry skin problems. Aloe Propolis Cream contains over 70% Aloe Vera with added Bee Propolis. Both have antibiotic properties, which means that the combination is even more effective for skin infections. The soothing properties of Aloe is further enhanced by camomile and comfrey to soothe irritated and extensive skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
6, TOOTHGEL (028) – A unique Aloe-based non-abrasive toothgel, which whitens teeth and is good for all the family. Stabilised Aloe gel combined with Bee Propolis means that it has good antibacterial properties for fighting plaque and keeping breath fresh. The anti- inflammatory properties of Aloe means that it is effective for mouth ulcers and if the gums are bleeding and painful the toothgel can be applied directly to the gum. Does not contain Flouride.
7, BEE PROPOLIS TABLETS (027) – Bee Propolis is made from a sticky resin the bees harvest from trees. Ancient civilisations used it to heal wounds and abscesses. Propolis has antibiotic, antiviral and anti-parasitic properties, which means that it can offer a natural alternative to antibiotics and flu injections.
8, SHAMPOO (260) – Stabilised Aloe Vera Gel is the main ingredient of our pH
balanced shampoo. This is the same high quality Aloe we use in our food products. Combined with Oil of Jojoba, the shampoo not only cleanses the hair, but also benefits the scalp to help conditions like eczema, psoriasis and dandruff. It can help itchy scalp conditions and is mild enough to be used on children. Aloe Vera’s adaptogenic properties means that it can be used on all types of hair.
9, ALOE HEAT LOTION (064) – Consists of Aloe Vera as the main ingredient and warming herbs to provide a soothing balm for aches and pains. It is a pH balanced lubricating lotion for arthritic joints, muscles and can be even used to massage on the forehead and temples to relieve headaches and blocked sinuses.
11, ALOE LIQUID SOAP (038) – Aloe Vera is noted for its healing, cleansing, moisturising and conditioning properties and is an ideal base for this liquid cleanser. Because it is pH balanced it is mild enough for daily cleansing all over the body and its NO TEARS FORMULA makes it an ideal shampoo for babies and children. However it is also effective enough to remove grease and oil!
12, ALOE LIPS (022) – Small and convenient to carry the Aloe Lips is a perfect "first aid stick". The combination of Aloe Vera and Jojoba oil means that it is an effective all season lip care product, moisturising and protecting from the weather and cold sores. As a first aid stick it can be used on stings, bites, minor cuts and burns.
1. Dental Health & Hygiene : Aloe Vera is extremely healthful to your mouth and gums. Take that to your next dentist appointment!
2. Provides Rapid Soothing: Aloe Vera enhances fibroblast function. Fibroblasts are those remarkable little cells that are responsible for collagen formation. They also assist in soothing minor burns, cuts, scrapes and skin irritations.
3. Aids Healthy Digestion: A healthy digestive system ensures that the nutrients from the foods that we eat are absorbed into the blood stream. Aloe vera has natural detoxifying abilities. Drinking Aloe Vera Gel regularly may improve bowel regularity and increase protein absorption, while at the same time decreasing unfriendly bacteria and yeast – all done naturally! Aloe vera has also demonstrated its ability to assist in soothing heartburn and other types of digestive upset.
4. Immune Support and Function: Aloe vera provides natural support to the immune system. Since the immune system works around the clock protecting the body, aloe vera, with its natural enhancers, gives the body a continual arsenal from which to draw. Drinking 2 to 4 ounces (60 to 120mls) of Aloe Vera Gel regularly may give your immune system the helping hand it needs.
5. Regulates Weight and Energy Levels: Aloe Vera Gel naturally, and with regular use, allows the body to cleanse the digestive system. Our diets may include many unwanted substances that may induce lethargy and exhaustion.. Taken regularly, Aloe Vera Gel ensures a greater feeling of well being, allowing energy levels to increase and helping maintain a healthy body weight.
6. Collagen and Elastin Repair: Aloe vera can add a rich supply of building materials to produce health skin. The skin replenishes itself every 21 to 28 days. Using the nutritional building blocks of aloe vera, the skin can utilise these nutrients daily to help combat the effects of aging. A daily dose of Aloe Vera Gel could be just what your skin is thirsting for.
9. Anti Inflammatory Properties: Aloe Vera Gel has 12 natural substances that have been shown to inhibit inflammation without side effects. Aloe may also support proper joint and muscle mobility.
10. Body Building Blocks: Amino Acids are our body’s building blocks, eight of which are essential and cannot be made by the body. They are all found in the aloe vera plant! Drinking Aloe Vera Gel on a regular basis allows you to help maintain your health by replenishing your body naturally with these amino acids. An analysis of the aloe vera plant shows that it may come closer than any other known plant to the duplication of essential amino acids!
Mail to a Friend • Printer friendly
Aloe vera is an impressive plant with an amazing variety of healing benefits. In a single plant, aloe vera offers a potent, natural cure for many internal and external conditions and its medicinal potential makes it a must-have plant for every home.
The gel found inside the aloe vera plant is made up of water, 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids and 200 active plant compounds or phytonutrients, which are responsible for the plant's remarkable healing properties.
The use of aloe vera topically, to relieve sunburn or painful joints, for example is well known. However, this versatile plant has also been shown to:
- Halt the growth of cancer tumors
- Lower high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Ease inflammation and soothe arthritis pain
- Protect the body from oxidative stress
- Cure ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive disorders
- Alkalize the body and nourish it with minerals, vitamins and enzymes
- Accelerate healing from burns
Aloe has been found to ease the inflammation of joints, including reducing arthritis pain, when used both topically and internally. One study found that people who drank aloe vera for two weeks began to experience a significant reduction of inflammation symptoms.
Aloe vera contains acemannan, a natural immune booster. Studies have also shown that when aloe is taken internally it can stimulate and regulate the immune system by stopping inflammation and cutting off the blood supply of tumors.
Aloe vera also amplifies the antioxidant effects of vitamins. It makes Vitamin C, Vitamin E and other antioxidants work better, probably due to its effect on enhancing blood quality and allowing the blood to more effectively transport oxygen and nutrients to the body's cells.
Aloe Vera Destroys Cancer
Research into the anti-cancer effects of acemannan, a phytonutrient found in aloe vera, found promising results. In one study, dogs and cats undergoing radiation for cancer were given acemannan. Not only did the tumors shrink more in the acemannan-treated group, but post-treatment survival was significantly extended.
Another study demonstrated that acemannan increased cells' production of nitric oxide (NO), an anti-cancer chemical strongly associated with the shrinking of cancer tumors.
Although this particular research was focused on chickens, the same effect has also been observed in humans.
In other studies, aloe vera showed a marked result in producing remission in skin cancers. Its highly effective antioxidant effect has also been found to help prevent skin damage from x-rays and other forms of radiation.
Aloe Vera Stabilizes blood sugar Levels
Diabetic patients who took aloe vera for 3 months experienced a significant drop in fasting blood sugar levels. They also had lower cholesterol levels and slight improvements in total cholesterol. Numerous clinical studies have been published that demonstrate aloe vera's anti-diabetic properties.
Aloe Vera Heals burns, Cuts and Scrapes
Aloe vera is nature's first aid kit. It is antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal, making it extremely effective in wound care. Placed directly on or in the wound, aloe vera gel kills bacteria, prevents infection and actually nourishes the damaged tissues while sealing the wound against infection.
Aloe has been known to heal third-degree burn victims with no scarring and to restore burned skin that would have normally died.
Studies confirmed that wounds treated with aloe heal far faster than other wounds not so treated - both for traumatic as well as surgical wounds.
The juice is also effective for the treatment of minor wounds and insect bites by forming a "natural plaster" over the wound.
Aloe Vera Extends Lifespan
A study on rats showed that aloe vera extended lifespan by 10 percent. The study also found that the rats had a less incidence of blood clots in the heart, less kidney disorders, a slightly lower incidence of fatal leukemia and fewer causes of death compared to the control group. Also, no adverse, toxic effects were found with the ingestion of aloe vera.
Aloe Vera Enhances skin Health
Aloe is one of the most widely-used ingredients in skin care products. This is because it is great for the skin. Aloe soothes the skin, hydrates it, nourishes it and accelerates the regeneration of new skin tissue. It also enhances skin health when used internally, such as when added to juices.
Externally, aloe vera gel can be applied directly to the skin as a softening agent and used for the treatment of:
- skin irritation
- burns and scalds
This is just a selection of the conditions that aloe vera is known to improve or cure. For more information or for further studies, search on Google Scholar.
How to Use aloe Vera
Aloe vera plants are easy to care for. They need bright light and water every two weeks to grow and stay healthy, so keep your plant on a sunny windowsill.
Aloe vera is most effective when used fresh so use it as soon as it is removed from the plant.
The gel found inside the aloe vera leaf contains its health benefits. To extract this gel, cut off a large leaf from the plant. Either strip away the green leaf from around the gel using a knife, or squeeze the gel out. The plant will heal up around the cut leaf, and will not become infected, due to aloe's anti-bacterial properties.
Apply this cool, soothing gel directly onto the skin, or use it internally by adding it to fresh juices.
- GK King, KM Yates, PG Greenlee, et al.The effect of Acemannan Immunostimulant in combination with surgery and radiation therapy on spontaneous canine and feline fibrosarcomas. Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association, Vol 31, Issue 5, 439-447.
- Karaca K, Sharma JM, Nordgren R. Nitric oxide production by chicken macrophages activated by Acemannan, a complex carbohydrate extracted from aloe vera. Int J Immunopharmacol. 1995 Mar;17(3):183-8.
- Yu BP, Herlihy J, Ikeno Y. The Effects of Lifelong aloe Ingestion on aging and Pathology. Department of Physiology.